February 16, 2011

Competing

Who could forget this freak out?

Competitiveness separates the men from the boys.  I don't care if it's baseball, xbox, or playing Candyland with my 5 year old niece I hate losing. Hell when I was younger shooting hoops in the backyard and counting down from 10 to beat the buzzer I hated losing--even to myself.  Although I hate losing I love competing.  When I was injured I challenged everyone in basically anything I could.  The first couple months after surgery my whole right arm would be sore after a game of Fifa or 9 holes of Tiger Woods but I had to play to keep my sanity. I guess my competitive drive comes from my desire to be the best at everything I do.  But I think every athlete loves to compete whether they know it or not.  When I threw live to hitters for the first time my legs were shaking and my heart was beating so fast I think my doctor would have been worried.  My adrenaline was pumping and I almost passed out after getting off the mound.  I didn't realize how much I would miss competing on the field until it was almost taken from me.  I can't wait for our first game on Friday and I'm not even available to play.  One thing I am sure of is I'm looking forward to getting back on the mound and competing my bag off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment