February 16, 2011

Sportscenter: Sometimes Too Much


I'm watching Sportscenter and the first 10 minutes is about Albert Pujols and the deadline for his contract.  I mean I'm a huge Cardinals fan but I'm actually glad that Pujols put a deadline because I think SC would have covered it like they covered Brett Favre three summers ago.  I didn't watch SC the whole summer because I swear half the show was devoted to him.  Don't get me wrong I love the show and it is the by far the best sports show on TV.  All I'm saying is I remember the old days with the crew of Kenny Mayne, Dan Patrick, Steve Levy, Rich Eisen, and Stuart Scott. BOOYAH!  I've spent many study hours over my college career watching the commercials (Y2K, Big Buddy, Perfect Show, Initiation). I'm not a big fan of the bar on the side that tells me what's "coming up". I'm going to watch the show anyway and the headline always spoils the story anyway.  It's almost like they are trying to do too much instead of staying within themselves and playing their game.  They know they are the "leader in sports" and there isn't even a close second so all I'm asking is to act like it.  I'll leave you with this...

1 comment:

  1. "Perfect Show" is a classic, big fan of "The Closer" as well- good luck this weekend Ham

    ReplyDelete